BWEL S.C.H.O.L.A.R. Zone
A family-friendly resource center
The BWEL SCHOLAR Zone is available to student parents and their kids. We offer at no cost:
- Resource lab:
- Study space, computers with high-speed internet, printing
- Academic coaching to help you enroll in school, navigate challenges, and be successful
- Supervised play area:
- Safe place for children to play while parents study
- Tutoring and homework help
- Basic needs:
- Assistance with food, transportation, household items (as available)
- Referrals to community resources
Our academic coaches and family support advocates can help you and your family get through school one semester at a time.
BWEL supports parents pursuing post-secondary education, including:
- Certificate or apprenticeship programs
- Associates (2-year) degrees
- Bachelors (4-year) degrees
- Advanced (Masters+) degrees
If you are not enrolled in college yet but thinking about going to school, come talk to us! We can help you get started on a path to education.
Come by to see us!
We’d love to meet with you! Please call or email at 984-444-2303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already enrolled in school, bring a student ID. Children are welcome in the SCHOLAR Zone but you are not required to bring them.
We welcome all regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, etc.